Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another Great Day at Marcia's!

This is our clematis which is blooming like crazy this year! So many blossoms.

Warren filled a couple of our large outside planters with begonias. I love the large flowering kind and we found some really different colors this year including this pretty pink.
Well, it was a great day as usual at Marcia's. Fortunately Priscilla didn't bring anything for us to drool over this time. I decided that I was going to work on some bog coats using fabrics that I had dyed using the "drip dye" technique that Marcia's friend uses. I almost finished two bog coats but they were pretty straightforward.

Marcia thought she was going to work on her art quilts but ended up being enamored with some fabric that Priscilla brought for show and tell (it had gotten lost in her stash for some time and was now properly aged for reappearing in public again). It was a brilliantly colored gold and orange piece from Napal. Now you have to know that Priscilla has given me horrible grief about orange for a number of years now...... She was a closet orange person all along -- little did we know.

Priscilla was working on her dessert coat -- we suggested it would be ideal wear for a visit to the Cheesecake Factory.

This is my newly completed bog coat. The trim on the band is Hmong reverse applique from Laos (I believe). I have since colored in the light yellow band with a deeper golden color (aren't colored Sharpies the best thing).
This is the back of the dessert jacket with the lovely hand beaded mola.

No comments: